TurnKey ASC Development
SCSA consultants will provide you with a comprehensive hand on approach in the establishment of your ambulatory surgery center. The ASC development program includes five phases:
Strategic and Economic Feasibility Assessment
- Feasibility assessment, including initial telephone consultation, fact gathering, preparation of pro forma, investigation of financing options, and determination of optimal facility square footage.
- Regulatory and legal examination of the project in consultation with experienced and qualified legal counsel.
- Negotiation and planning assistance with joint venture participants and advisers, leading to effective financial and operational structures, and development of capital budget.
ASC Facility Design and Development
- Design assistance in workflow and space planning based on years of experience with similar facilities.
- Initial on-site visit to include contract execution, site evaluation, consultation with architects, development of initial floor plan, and client plan review and approval.
- Manage the plan review/approval process with local health department, building department, and fire marshal.
- Prepare state and local licensure applications, floor plan filing with the state Life Safety group, Medicare filings, and assistance in the preparation of certificate of need applications (where necessary).
- Project coordination, including solicitation of proposals from architects, review of local and national architects, and awarding and execution of architectural contract(s).
- Bidding negotiation and awarding of contracts, including execution of documents, establishment of project draw process, and acquisition of building permits.
- Construction management process, including on-site visits as well as regular contact with contractor and subcontractors.
- Final inspections, including physician/owner walk through with fire marshal to obtain certificate of occupancy.
Equipment Selection (*)
- Comprehensive list of ASC equipment.
- List of office and ancillary equipment.
State Licensure and CMS Certification
- Credentialing services to guarantee compliance with applicable regulatory requirements for Medicare and state agencies.
- Evaluation of candidates and selection of ASC director and other required staff additions.
- Development of policy and procedures manuals, including staff training and familiarization with manuals.
- Perform initial cases and schedule certification visits for Medicare and/or state.
- Follow-up meetings include 30-day and 90-day conference calls to physicians/ASC director to review operation of the center.
(*) Note: To meet the specific needs of its clients, several of the component services of ASC development program offered by Surgery Center Services of America can be purchased separately.
- Feasibility Analysis
- Equipment Planning and Purchasing
- Facility Licensure and Medicare Certification