Surgery Center Services of America (SCSA) has wide-ranging expertise in virtually all aspects of ambulatory surgery center (ASC) development and operations. SCSA projects range from simple, single-room facilities to multiple-room, multi-specialty ASC suites. Our clients range from solo practices to multi-specialty and single specialty physician/hospital joint ventures.SCSA consultants excel in finding cost-effective solutions that recognize the uniqueness of each client’s needs. This approach allows SCSA clients to receive optimal value for their ASC consulting dollar.
Additional ASC Consulting services include:
SCSA consultants have many years of clinical nursing and operations experience in surgery centers and hospital-based surgical departments. This experience forms an effective an effective foundation of assessment and recommendations, leading to optimal efficiency in:
- Room Utilization
- Costs Per Case
- Accreditation Compliance
- Inventory Management
- Staff Utilization (to optimize efficiency of nursing FTEs)
- Operating Room Turnover
Such services can be critical in ensuring optimal efficiency and profitability in an increasingly challenging market environment. These services are available through on-site review by the consultant or by submission of data by the facility.
2. ASC Staff Education and Training Services
SCSA consultants have extensive experience in many facets of surgical care and are regular speakers at numerous national and regional meetings throughout the country. Training can easily be arranged on-site and includes an effective combination of visual media, handouts, and reference materials as needed. Consultants can provide effective, useful staff training in areas such as:
- Nursing Technique and Clinical Care
- Topical Seminars for CEU Credit
- Fire Safety/Disaster Preparedness
- Customized Staff Training Seminars
- Quality Assurance/Risk Management
- Market analysis to determine user opportunities by specialty type.
- Evaluation of local third-party payer contracting opportunities.
- Review of ASC operations and compatibility with alternative specialties.